Wednesday 6 August 2014

Mickey Mouse Pancake

This creation was created out of pure desperation. I needed to make breakfast for my kids. Not the usual bread spread with jam or kaya or sausages and scrambled eggs. I had made pancakes on numerous occasions loaded with the works, blueberry, peaches and etc. 

I needed to make something new and tasty, not only to maintain their interest for breakfast but also to ensure that they will finish their breakfast

But this time, I did not have much ingredients and time was of the essence as they were hungry. So I decided why not make them Pancakes in the shape of Mickey Mouse. Hmmm! Sounds like a great idea I thought to myself. Let me ask them and see their response. 

They jumped for joy at the idea. 

Now reality hit me hard. How on earth am I going to make pancakes in the shape of Mickey Mouse? Shall I try making a big round pancake and later cut in the shape of the ears with scissors and knife? No that's too mush hassle and will damage the pancake, I said to myself.

I decided to take a risk and pour the liquid batter in stages shaping the Mickey Mouse character. First I poured a spoon full of batter for the face, onto my non stick pan. Then half a spoon of batter for the right ear and then the left ear. The trick is to pour slowly and do not rush. 

Pour gently and slowly so that with the heat of the pan, the minute the batter touches the pan it begins cooking immediately. Thus, the batter will not drip ruining its shape      


Flipped on the other side


The final product. Greased it with butter and drizzled maple syrup all over. As I said, I did not have mush ingredients, so I used yellow kiwi fruits for the eyes and mouth  


No comments:

Post a Comment