Monday 11 August 2014

English Angora, Maintenance

I feel that English Angora is one of the more difficult breads to maintain. Their temperament, attitude and etc is great. They are by far the best and most lovable bread that I have had the pleasure of keeping as pets. But the up keeping of their fur can be a nightmare. They should be combed daily from what I am made to understand by the pet shop and if you are like me who neglect to do so, the consequences may be expensive.

I neglected to comb them for a few weeks. This resulted in their fur getting tangled. So when I send them to the pet shop for grooming, they had no choice but to use a electric razor to shave them bald. Lesson learn. Anyway, a word of advise. The pet shop informed me to keep their fur not more than 1 inch in length to avoid tangles. Shorter will be better. I will do that in future.  

Anna and Olaf, bald


Poor things


The Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment