Sunday 29 June 2014

Porsche 356C

29 June 2014, I send my car for service as I needed to replace the air-cond blower. While the blower was being replaced, (it took a good three hours) I managed to survey some shops in the same vicinity. 

I stumbled this car interior re-upholstery shop. I needed a replacement hand brake leather boot shift as the original one was worn out. The shop uses original Italian leather and I was quoted RM80. 

As I was surveying their workmanship or more like craftsmanship I noticed that there was a Original Porsche 356C or also known as Bathtub Porsche. 

Porsche 356 was produced from 1948 to 1965. It was the company's first production automobile. It was lightweight and nimble handling. Rear engine, rear wheel drive and a 2 door sports car.

The 356's cabriolets (soft-top) are identifiable by their split (1948 to 1952) or bent (center creased, 1953 to 1955) windscreens. 

Saw this car at TH Kusyen Enterprise, 11 Jalan Penggawa U1/74, Taman Perindustrian Batu Tiga, Shah Alam.

This is a pre-1952 model in silver. 


Rear view. Gorgeous 


Interior, Red, White and Silver, All metal and all mechanical, no electronics whatsoever, just pure passion   




The steering with the Porsche emblem




Engine Flat 4, Displacement 1582 cc (1.6cc), 88 bhp @ 5200 rpm and 122 newton meters of torque@ 3600 rpm. Gearbox is 4 Speed Manual. Performance is claimed at 0-100 kph: 13.5 secs, with a top speed of 160 kph



The rims


The convertible top in the process of restoration


You can see wooden panels used to fit the gaps between the metal and rubber for the soft top


No comments:

Post a Comment