Monday 30 June 2014

Malaysian 1971 10 cents Variety 3

I have already provided a decent explanation on the 3 different varieties of the Malaysian 1971 10 cents coin in my blog dated 18 June 2014. Anyhow, I am indeed very lucky to have Sifu Sia Hooi Chuan who aided me greatly in obtaining this piece for my collection. Purchased on 26 June 2014. Initially we were under the impression that I was purchasing a Variety 1 but upon closer inspection, Sifu informed me that its actually a Variety 3 which is even more rarer.

For that I thank you Sifu for your kindness, help and guidance that you have given me.   

Graded and cased by NGC (Numismatic Guaranty Corporation) USA  


Close up of the coin, sorry picture quality is not good


Reverse of the coin. NGC rates it as AU (Almost UNC). This is rare enough with UNC being almost impossible to obtain. Surface Hairline. 


Close-up reverse. As you can see it is not shiny due to it being a die variety


The beveled edge is not visible with the naked eye. You will need a magnifying glass for that


No comments:

Post a Comment