Wednesday 18 June 2014

Nederland Indies 1/2 cents 1945

I got into this hobby by chance of meeting a great individual Mr. Sia Hooi Chuan. We share many similar interest one of this interest of his that rubbed onto me was numismatic. Subsequently he introduced me to Sifu Dickson Niew. I must thank both of them for their time, effort and knowledge that they have shared with me. 

Although only a newbie in this field but I had managed to garner some good pieces thanks to both these individuals. I would have made many mistakes along the way and may have even bought items at wrong prices or fake pieces, would it not being the advice and guidance of Mr. Sia. For that I salute you Sir.

I only got into this hobby in mid 2012 but I would like to share some of the items that I have in my collection for sharing purposes only. They are not for sale as I intend my kids to inherit them. I hope by sharing, I can depart some knowledge for others to learn or even educate me more and we can reduce chances of making mistakes. When in doubt ask a Sifu. 

Nederland Indies 1/2 cents 1945 in Uncirculated (UNC) condition. How they managed in stay UNC for years is beyond my comprehension. But i'm glad it did 

Front view. A crest with a crown on top surrounded by the words 'nederlandsch indie 1/2 cent' on the edges. Bronze, weight 2.3 g, diameter 31 mm and thickness 1.35 mm


Reverse view. Indonesia until the large archipelago of islands north of Australia was called Netherlands East Indies was once under Dutch rule. The Islamic influence is plainly seen in the Arabic writing on the reverse of these coins

  

No comments:

Post a Comment