Sunday 19 September 2021

Galen Leather

In the September, my birthday month, I had made numerous purchases. One of them included some beautiful crafted leather items from Galen Leather Company.

Established in Istanbul, Turkey in 2012.

Must is written on their products to great fanfare. You can read more about them from various blogs, reviews and YouTube.

What I liked about Galen Leather are mainly 4 things. Handmade, extensive variety, fast delivery and a pleasure to deal with.

I found that their leather products were made with care. You can tell from the attention to detail that customer satisfaction is priority.

I was mainly looking for someone providing quality washi tape dispenser. There are many on Shopee, Lazada and etc but one look at them and you would rather pass. That lead to other purchases from Galen Leather. 

All items were beautifully packed and their boxes were of quality and sturdy which led me to repurposing them and not end up in the recycling bin. 

I also received some free gifts which is always welcome. My son loved the tea and coffee. He has now given me a KPI to buy more of the same tea and coffee locally. Also included was a 10% discount for future purchase and a charm to ward of the evil eye. Cool!

Now my washi tapes are not all over the place. Quality is top notch and sturdy. Now I need to get more washi tapes to fill up the gap. 

Dual case pen holder. Immediately I had noticed the beautiful mushroom like umami smell of all their leather products. A round roller stick is also provided to expand the slots should you have oversized pens.  

As noticed, the size is not small and will fit most bigger pens. That is the other thing that I found about their products. It is big. So unlike the products I usually order online based on pictures and measurements provided on websites. When I receive them, I’m usually in shock as they are tiny. Just fitting the product they were intended for and cannot be used for other bigger items.  

An added bonus is that the splitting compartment separating the 2 pens extends all the way to the bottom. Even the Montblanc case I was eying did not have that, which resulted in me not purchasing it.

The single pen case. Nice and simple. I had an unfortunate accident with this case. I placed a slim Ferris Press Brush fountain pen it it. As I had used this case for some time the leather had expanded slightly and without realizing it I picked up the case from the table upside down and the pen just slipped from its slot. If fell about 5 feet to the solid tile flooring. Lucky me the cap was fully covered and its a metal pen. So damage to the nib was averted and there was hardly a scratch on the pen.  

Pencil boxes. As you can see from the first pictures in this blog. They are large and have space for more items.  


Some other items purchased to complete the set.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment