Saturday 4 September 2021

Loyal Stricklin Johnny Wallet Olmo Pueblo

I am a big fan of EDC items. On one of my escapades in my quest for EDC knowledge, I stumbled upon a YouTube channel, Excessorize Me.

I was hooked by Vincent Tse comedic way of presenting the products he had reviewed. You need to listen carefully to understand his comedic punches. Usually below the waist line. 😂

Vincent is a content creator based in Toronto, Canada. His YouTube channel created on 30 August 2012 has a following of 631K subscribers with more than 75 million views. Highly recommended to check out his channel. 

In his video dated 25 February 2020 he reviewed what was in Peter McKinnon’s pocket.

Peter had this beautiful minimalist leather wallet. I was smitten by its looks.

A quick search in the description link disclosed that it was made by Loyal Stricklin and simply called the Johnny Wallet.

I was in dismay when I found out that they do not ship to Malaysia and some countries near us. But they do however, ship to Singapore. Hmmmmmm! I wonder why? 

Opportunity arose on 1 September 2021 when I found a seller on Carousell Malaysia from Johor  advertising for sale a preloved one in good condition. I made payments on 3 September 2021 and the seller was kind enough to ship it out the same day by J&T Express. 

I received it today, 4 September 2021 and immediately tore the package to see THE beauty.

Wow! Stunning! No regrets what so ever.



I had to put my personal touch and some elbow grease to bring back the luster to the leather.

These are some of the tools of the trade.

Brushed it to remove some minor dirt on the leather surface and then proceeded to use a basic Staedtler eraser to remove some minor smudging on the inner suede side of the leather. I did not have a proper suede eraser, so the pencil eraser made do.


Removed some minor grime with saddle soap. You can see the leather was brighten after the cleaning process.


Once properly dried under the fan. Leather oil was applied and once the leather had absorbed the oil, I applied another layer. Nothing fancy, just using my index and middle fingers as tools to rub the oil.

The leather had come alive but I knew I could take it a notch up. I finished the moisturizing process with mink oil.

So soft and lively to touch. The moisturizing process had brought out the umami mushroom like smell of the leather. I am now satisfied.

Loyal Strickland Johnny Wallet Olmo Pueblo wallet measuring 3.5 x 4 inches is made from a single piece of leather with no stitching in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. The full grain veg leather is sourced from the Italian tannery Badalassi Carlo.  



      

No comments:

Post a Comment