Wednesday 16 April 2014

Effective Hornbill Advert

Any animals should be conserved I feel. Which was why on 13 April 2014 I had a talk with my loving son and causally requested his permission to release his pet budgies. To my surprise, he agreed willingly without any coercion whatsoever. Me, my wife and two kids went to our porch and removed the top of the bird cage. The budgies remained stunned and did not do anything. They remained stagnant there for almost a minute. Then the ice blue and white female budgie made the first move. She flew up to me but seems struggling as if waving her wings in slow motion and all of the sudden she flew like lightning and disappeared up my roof. About 10 seconds later the green male followed and then the rest, all in different direction. I had noticed the same trend. Initial flight they struggle due to the fact they have been caged for so long that their muscles are not strong enough. I felt so good to let them free to soar the sky as nature intended.

I hope they are ok and are thriving in the open. 

With their release, I realized that I felt good. Much better than when I had them caged and was admiring them from their cage. It is with this new found sense of looking at things that I decided that on my sons and daughters birthday I would buy birds from pet store and set them free by release them. It is also good karma.

I gave away the budgie cage by dumping it to the recycles. The balance food, I decided in time I will buy a wooden bird house and place it in my garden. I would place a bowl of seeds and water for birds passing by to take a break and fill their bellies. 

Coming to my current topic, I came across this advert in the covered ground floor parking lot of Tesco Extra Cheras. Located at 2 Jalan Midah 2, Taman Midah, 56000 Cheras.

To me it is the most powerful add and sarcastic advert to date on animal conservation. Its spot on and leaves a lasting impression.     

Hence, do not take things for granted. Animals are living creatures and deserves our compassion, protection and support. We share the planet with them and they with us. Can one live without the other?



No comments:

Post a Comment