Sunday 13 April 2014

Bookmarks

Greetings and salutations dear readers,


For today's topic, I would like to share my thoughts on bookmarks and recycling. I hold recycling close to my heart. We only have this planet to live on. We do not own it. We merely look after it for the next generation.



It's a famous saying for the infamous advert for Patek Philippe. I merely borrowed the same wisdom to attach the saying to mother earth.



A firm believer of 3R (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle), I try to do my part whenever I can. My latest project would be to reuse the price tags or label tags attached to clothes at the time of purchase.



Normally one would cut the price tags and dispose them in the garbage bins. I propose instead of utilizing additional money to buy your own bookmark, just reuse the price tags as bookmarks.



You have already spend money on clothes and it comes with the price tags, why spend more on buying bookmarks when you can easily reuse the price tags as bookmarks?



Hmmmm. Something for readers to ponder.



Furthermore, you can never know, the price tag of a branded item that you have purchased today could become a rare item years down the road, especially if the company does re-branding and changes its tag line or logo.



Below are some of the price tags or label tags that I had recycled into bookmarks.



Happy Reading 14/4/2014.





No comments:

Post a Comment