Thursday 21 December 2017

Ampang Park closing its doors on 30/12/17

Ampang Park, the first shopping center in Malaysia opened its doors in 1973. Many Kuala Lumpur folks grew up along its corridors and it quickly became their playground. 

The last day for its operations is 30 December 2017. 

It will be demolished to make way for the second mass rapid transit (MRT) line 




Despite its gloominess, there is still a Christmas tree








Its age shows when you enter the premise




The escalator, dates and slim, only fits one person or accommodate one person per step


The stairway at the ends of each floor








Most tenants have vacated the premise long ago and it was almost dead. Pictures dated 16 December 2017 at 2.15pm. Its a Saturday. Where other shopping malls were pack to its brim, this was like walking through a time capsule alone by yourself




A last attempt memo to SAVE Ampang Park


The last of the music / record stores


Beautifully wrapped by Aunty Shirley, the owner of the shop. After the closing, she intends to take a well deserved rest and may set up a new shop in Amcorp Mall


Due to the closing down, Aunty sold me this at RM10.00


Mr. Lover lover, Mr. Lover lover,  
She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back 
she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic 




Such pleasure holding this in my hands. Bulky and sturdy


This is the tape. A familiar sight for my generation. A vast contrast from CD


The 1995 advertisement that made Boombastic famous 


No comments:

Post a Comment