Saturday 21 October 2017

Rich Dad Poor Dad

I first heard about Robert Kiyosaki, during my younger days involved in AMWAY. Back when their office was in Jalan 223, Petaling Jaya in early 2000’s.
I remember listening to one of his cassettes where, he mentioned that when we were little kids, we would get so excited seeing a sports car. We would all wish and be hopeful that would be us one day owning such a car. And we would enthusiastically tell our dad look at the car whilst pointing at it. But over the years as we grow older, we sway far from the dream and loose hope of ever owning one. We feel that it is unattainable. We have more important daily commitments that must be met.
That was how I felt recently, so I decided enough was enough and got myself an old 1985, 944 Porsche. It may not be the latest Porsche but it still carried the German marque emblem on its hood. I wanted my son to know that it is possible to own sports cars and never leave your dream.
Lately, to get myself motivated to better venture into financial freedom, I purchased the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Kiyosaki. Although I had read the book years earlier but I had not practiced what I had read. Not getting any younger, I needed to take matters into my own hands, if I wanted to gain financial freedom.
I will read it every lunch hour hoping to finish 10 pages daily. That is the investment I can make to my mind to gain a different understanding and thinking’s to grow money.
Although there are cases that Kiyosaki had gone bankrupt on two occasions, in 2012 and in the 70’s. But we learn from the good that people share.
Even Donald Trump's company declared bankruptcy 4 times but look where is he now today.
There is also talk that Rich Dad is a fiction. In 2016, Kiyosaki disclosed to Oprah that Rich Dad was actuallyRichard Wassman Kimi. Died in 2009. He even had the word “Rich” in his first name. No pun intended.
Whatever the arguments are, his advice is still good advice. According to publishers weekly, on 1 June 2017, 35 million copies of the book has been sold.
His book was first published in 1997. Let’s not give excuses not be to successful



No comments:

Post a Comment