Friday 13 October 2017

Martini Racing and Gulf Racing Products

Dear Readers,

I must apologize from the bottom of my heart for the long delay in not updating my blog. It was due to many reasons. Out of commission laptop, not being able to utilize my ipad for this purpose and not having reliable internet. Now that that’s all sorted I’m back and would like to share more with you about my life.

I have a fondness about Martini Racing products and Gulf Racing products.
I had no idea what Martini Racing was all about until I my first car a Honda Civic EG9, 1.6cc Vtec. The initial colour was Graphite Black but I later changed it to Electron Blue. The original number plate was WEG 9281 and my dad subsequently changed it to WKE 123. All his cars of yesteryears were number plates 123. My dearest brother from a different mother, Alfi, sold me a Momo Martini Racing steering wheel at a ridiculously low price. It was a gift from his now dear departed wife to him.

My thoughts frequently run towards his dear departed wife, especially when I am in my garden. She was such a beautiful soul. I never heard her say bad about anyone. Allah loves her more and wants her to be with him in Heaven. May Allah SWT always be with you and bless you unconditionally.

That was how I was introduced into the world of Martini Racing products. I was hooked when I read about Count Rossi having the only road going version of the mighty Porsche 917.
         
Having a dry weight of 970 kg and according to official documents the detuned flat-twelve engine provided 550 horsepower at 7,500 rpm. Top speed at 320 km/h. The fastest road-going car at that time was the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona with a top of 280 km/h.

These are some of the pictures I obtained from the internet on Martini Racing products.







 The iconic Martini Racing stripes on an iconic racer



Gulf Racing???

Only one picture explains it all.


Need I say more?

More products on Gulf Racing



An iconic 917 in Gulf colors


No comments:

Post a Comment