Monday 21 March 2016

Salad with Croutons and Sushi

For a quick and healthy meal.


It cost next to nothing. Yet it provided a fulfilling and tasty meal.

I purchased the salad and sushi from Jaya Grocer. The salad packet contains everything one needs to make the meal including dressing. However, I needed something a little more oomph as I would be serving it to my kids. All greens will not be too pleasing for their palate. So I added quill eggs, baked potatoes and stir fried beef strips.  

The salad packaging 


Contents Inside. Wonderful array of mixed salads. Fresh


The Thousand Island dressing is yummy but way too little 


Not really baked potatoes. I merely cut fresh potatoes into cubes. Rinsed them clean, boiled it until soft, drained all the water and fried it with a little oil. I added chilli powder, salt and coarse black pepper for that added bite


Quill eggs in the boiling pan


All final dish with the stir fried beef strips


Store bought sushi. Nothing much to look at now


Elegantly served       


No comments:

Post a Comment