Tuesday 8 March 2016

Best Fried Eggs

The Best Fried Eggs, Period!

When I was younger, probably in secondary school, I viewed a TV cooking show on a Singapore TV station of a Chef informing the audience that you can tell a lot from a cook by the way they fry their eggs.

All this while, before I heard such profound words, I use to think, how difficult can it be to fry an egg? Its eggs for god sake not rocket science. Ohhhh! How wrong I was. It had never dawned on me until that faithful day of viewing that show.

I do not recollect the name of the cooking show nor the name of the Chef but I took his words to heed.  

While eggs are deceptively easy to fry, they are surprisingly difficult to get right.

I share the Chef’s wisdom as there is no point of being shellfish and keeping it to myself. Sharing is caring as my dad always says and good things should be shared.

Start by heating a cast iron pan. When it is hot enough (but not to the extent of smoking wildly), turn the heat off and cover the surface of the pan with generous amount of butter. Ensure that the whole pan is covered in butter.


The residual heat in the pan will melt the butter. The fact that the heat was turn off earlier was to ensure the butter melts and remains yellow without burning and becoming black.

Crack open your eggs on pan and let the residual heat continue cooking the eggs.


In a few minutes you are done. It would take a slightly longer time to cook as you are cooking on residual heat and not direct heat as you would normally do.

Your fried eggs would be soft, creamy and very buttery. Just the way eggs should be enjoyed and eaten.


It is very fattening though with all that butter. Give it a try. You may just get hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment