Wednesday 29 July 2020

Montblanc Rouge Et Noir Tropic Brown Ballpoint Pen

My wife purchased this last month when she took a liking towards pens. She wanted something elegant for signing her documents. When she informed me initially, I was rather apprehensive as I thought a brown Montblanc? How would that look like? When she send me a picture it looked more black and rather unattractive. No way hosay. 

I told her my reservations but she said trust her the pen looks amazing. The picture she send does not do it justice. 

Anyhow, I bit my tongue and told her to purchase what she wanted as it would be her using it not me. She should not make a purchase based on my liking. 

How surprised I was to view the actual pen in person. It was stunning. The picture she took was a far cry from what the actual product was. I must say she has a good eye and I couldn’t agree more with her purchase. 

I have already covered the coral fountain pen version in my previous blog. So there’s no need to dwell further on the details of the Rouge Et Noir. 

I understand that Tropic is a color name used in watches to designate a patina obtained by natural aging under the tropic sun and humidity. The pen is appropriately named Tropic Brown due to the natural aging of the organic ebonite material. The brown hue is utterly magnificent under any light, making the pen unique. 

Here are some pictures of the pen 








No comments:

Post a Comment