Monday 27 July 2020

A Fiery Death Porsche 944

The unfortunate incident happened on 29 October 2017. It is now 2020. Yet, I never forgotten you. You had your quirks. But you were flawlessly and always brought a smile not only to me but those who caught a glimpse of you. 

Although it was fated that I only owned you for a short time but I had huge plans for you. Already in your rear bonnet on that unforeseen day was a Momo Martini Racing steering wheel and matching Momo Martina Racing manual gear knob, together with a Bravox sound system. More was to come, in the pipeline was a Martini Racing livery paint job for you. Eventually, I had my heart set to display you proudly in the next Art of Speed festivities. 

What a sight to behold. Opening the main entrance door and looking at you first thing on Saturday mornings. Elegant, graceful and sophisticatedly parked in the driveway. 

But alas, it was not meant to be. So I say today my final farewell. Always remembered, never forgotten. 

Vehicle registration no : BCH9998
Chassis no                   : WP0ZZZ94ZFN423191 
Engine no                     : 41F42858
Registered in Malaysia : 24 October 1985
Date of Demise            : 29 October 2017
Time of Demise.           : 7.30am


I have very few photos of this beauty as I was not expecting you to scoot off from us so soon. This picture was taken on 4 September 2017. Our outing to Kota Kemuning recreation park. My kids in high spirit


My respected compadre Ramizu Abdul Rahim, 29 September 2017. Not wanting to miss the opportunity. He said it best and I quote “Any modern day mid size bike will leave an 80’s supercar behind. The car is a bit like Robert Plant of LED Zeppelin. You’ll know he’d seen better days, but once, he’s performing the definition of “Legend” prevails. 




The burning of my car was picked up by the local newspapers. Below is the link. I feel it is inappropriate for me to attach pictures. It all happened so soon. One minute we were driving and the next there was heavy smoke from the engine bay. We were unable to save the car. 





No comments:

Post a Comment