Sunday 8 May 2016

Horror in your own back yard

Shah Alam has been my playground for years. You can say that I had spent the better part of my adult life here. Thus anything happening here I make it a point to take note and be vigilant.

On 4 May 2016, I read in the Star online news that one Mr. Subramaniam Perumal, 41 from Cheras was found hanged from a branch of tree at a playground in Section 25, Shah Alam. No further details were provided.

(The only picture provided by the Star online news)


Thus, this is straight out of the press, well, almost and the closest that I have ever got to reporting on a crime scene. I had to do some serious checking with friends as Section 25, Taman Sri Muda is a huge area. After obtaining the required data, I went on my mission. 

I reached that said playground, Jalan 25/90 around 7.10pm on the 5 May 2016, a day after the said incident. 



The playground is by no means secluded. It is more than 2 acres in size and surrounded by hundreds of houses, numerous shop lots and even a huge school. I do not know the time of death and the actual cause, is it by handing or was there other sinister reasons? That we leave to the authorities to investigate. 

Huge playground




Houses located along Jalan Selamat 25/93 and opposite it is jalan jaya 25/95  




Shoplots, all within a walking distance


SMK Taman Sri Muda




I do not know who had discovered his body as nothing yet has been reported. I just hope that no kids had stumbled upon the gruesome discovery, as it is a playground and the deceased had committed suicide near the kids play area where there are swings and other play equipment. 






For those in need of a listening ear, call Befrienders at 03 7056 8145. They have properly trained staff who know how to assist those who may have suicide tendencies. 

Football is an ardent sport and they are playing oblivious to the recent events  




I checked various spots in the playground and from the picture provided by the Star online news, I found the exact spot of the scene of the crime

This is the only Star online news picture that they had provided



My pictures


Gloves left behind by the forensic team




It was raining heavily prior to my arrival; most of the evidence may have been washed away
I believe that the deceased may have used this blue trash basket to climb to tighten the noose round his neck and had kicked it in order to commit his suicide (this is purely presumption) 












No comments:

Post a Comment