Thursday 3 December 2020

Alternative saucer to hold your bath soap

I have been using the original glass soap saucer for more than 10 years but sometime this year my daughter accidentally dropped it whilst taking a shower. She is only 8 so nothing much can be done. Just glad she was not injured in any way.

I subsequently got a replacement from a outlet in Empire Subang selling ceramic pottery. I thing the small causer caused me RM5.00. 

Needless to say, one day whilst taking a shower I grabbed the soap and it was stuck to the ceramic saucer and behold whilst lifting the soap the saucer followed as well and without any hint of warning, it suddenly decided to release its grip and as you can foresee gravity took over and the saucer fell and shattered all over the bathroom floor. 

Anyhow, I was never pleased with the original glass and replacement ceramic saucer. One fitted perfectly and was transparent and elegant, the other was flamboyant and had beautiful colors but neither served me well as it tend to hold water and spoil the soap. I use mainly handmade soaps and you know how they disintegrate with water. Now imagine the soap left in a pool of water overnight. Yup, that’s was my experience with both sauces. I had to diligently ensure, I drain the water from the saucer after each bath. Failing to do so, disintegrated soap. Not failing to do so, possibility of the soap sticking to the saucer.

Finally, after the second incident of breaking saucers, I thought why not use a Selangor Pewter bowl my son made years ago during our visit to their foundry. We had one with a small hole in the middle due to a mistake of hammering his name too hard into the soft pewter. 

It turned out to be a perfect choice. With the hole, the bowl is always dry and if the bowl drops, I merely shape it back by hand as pewter is soft enough


 

No comments:

Post a Comment