Saturday 12 May 2018

Chicken & Duck Restaurant Nilai

It was one of those nights after my son had a decent home meal and we were watching Gordon Ramsay making Crispy Roast Duck. All of a sudden he asked why after seeing that he felt hungry and wanted to eat roast duck. When can I make roasted duck he asked? I told him I will look around and revert.

I checked the internet and found a few reputable places selling halal roast duck but all were out of the way. All of a sudden with the power of the all mighty, whilst I was in Nilai, I passed along Jalan TS 1/19, Taman Semarak and came across this place, Chicken & Duck Restaurant.

I was initially reluctant as it had a chinese set up and the owner was chinese but due to seeing muslim hijab clad ladies eating and after a brief chat with the owner who confirmed that his joint is halal, I entered.

It was indeed a blessing to enter, the food was not only affordable but great tasting. It has a more familiar chinese taste than a malay tasting chicken rice.



The rice meal will not be complete without chinese chili sauce



With the light soy sauce, the chicken was delicate, soft and melts in our mouth. A real delight



The chicken was not that much but it was so good, I ordered more


I also ordered the duck to have a try. It was ok. Did not have the gamy taste or smell but hands down the chicken was a gem 


I packed some for my son, as per his request


Tried some of the wanton mee noodles. Looks nice but I'll give it a skip next time 


Chee cheong fun. Lovely. The owner took his time to prepare this and I can see that he took great pride in dripping the sesame oil and seeds. Really yummy



Sea coconut drink


Chrysanthemum


Very simple set up


Street view. My advise stick to the chicken rice. It is a must have











No comments:

Post a Comment