Saturday 20 August 2022

More than 80 Year Oil Steel Pot

Hi.

I would like to share with you an old hand made steel pot from India.

This was purchased by my grandmother for her daughter. Exact date I’m unaware. 

I have now inheritance it and used it the other day to boil some eggs. Works flawlessly. 

They sure don’t make quality stuff like this anymore. I have changed many Tefal non - stick pans due to wear and tear. I know stainless steel cannot be compared to non - stick. It is not the same. Apple must be compared to apple. But it would be nice if non - stick pans last, considering their price. 

The individually hand hammered marks are still visible but faded due to age and use




Visible clear the dents all over the pot. Must have dropped countless times. The mouth has also warped due to extreme use and heat, over the years


My grandmother made it a point to have her daughter’ s (my aunts) name engraved. You can see from the unevenness of the engraving, it was done by hand





I am so delighted and thrilled to have inherited and using my grandmother’ s pot. I will always remember her


No comments:

Post a Comment