Monday 11 January 2021

The Pen Habbit

If you are like me and got late into the fountain pen collection or even just started your wonderful journey of using fountain pens, you would had done must research on the internet to expand your knowledge.

For me youtube has been a great teacher. I learnt from Brian Goulet, Stephen Brown and many more. Even in our local community I had receive messages and advise from Mr. Lai from Pen Gallery and many more so freely sharing their knowledge and love for fountain pen.

In my initial stages of learning about this intricate hobby, I learnt a lot from Matt Armstrong through his website and youtube channel. However,I realized that they were old video’s and I could never find newer ones although I subscribed to his channel. 

In time I realized that he had decided to retire from his youtube channel and website and embark on the next chapter in his life, although he would still hold fountain pens dear to him.

In his last youtube video on 2 May 2018, he had eloquently described those involved in the hobby as a close knit community, very caring, loving and so willing to share their knowledge. He also shares the equipment and cameras used to make his quality videos. I find the same to be true here in our small close knit community of fountain pen, EDC and Toys collectors in Malaysia. I find them so talented, creative, artful and sincere. 

I guess whatever your hobby is, follow it with passion and perseverance, it would lead you to a wonderful community and open your world to new ideas and friendship.

Here’s to you Matt and all fountain pen users. God bless.

Artwork done by master penman Michael Sull


Here’s the link to his last video

https://youtu.be/QA5Wd8uOrZs


No comments:

Post a Comment