Tuesday 6 December 2016

Mosquito Coil Cover

Back in the 70's and 80's, I remember my late grandmother lighting mosquito coils to repel mosquitoes. They were placed in a mosquito coil cover to properly contain the powder from the burnt coils. 

It is now the rainy season and a climate like Malaysia, is literally a breading ground for mosquitoes. I tried a few types of mosquito repellants, i.e. spray, electric and etc, but they were just not as effective as the incense. They are typically made from a dried paste of pyrethrum powder. 

As I did not have a cover, i merely placed them on a old newspaper and the powder scattered everywhere as the fan was on.

On my outing to Raub I managed to purchase these NOS mosquito coil covers below RM4.00 respectively.

The only difference from my late grandmother's one is that, hers were a tad heavier due to a more solid construction and it had a bucket like handle to hang it 

 

This is the versatile version with a circle hook. The rubber tappers would tie these to their trousers and go about their choirs. At such wee hours in the morning they are bound to be bitten by mosquitoes without a portable mosquito incense coil 












Brand of the item


No comments:

Post a Comment