Tuesday 20 August 2024

Pelikan M600 Art Collection Special Edition Glauco Cambon Fountain Pen


It has been months since I had updated anything even my other social media platforms. 

Why? Busy, well yes. Business has its ups and downs. Busy with family too. 

But there was another reason. Not being grateful.

Everyone has their own issues in this life. Some may walk through life with a gold spoon in their mouth without a care in the world. Whilst, at the exact moment a small kid may be in a war torn country. Their life lies at the very end of a barrel. 

Even today, 21 August 2024, 8.30am, as I was attempting to buy nasi lemak from a road side stall, I saw a guy just about to climb onto his motorcycle accidentally dropped his plastic containing the breakfast he just bought. it fell on the dirty, sandy, muddy and pebbly road side and his curry puff popped out hitting the ground. I'm sure he felt devastated, maybe even defeated. Life is not fair and maybe even unjust, he might had felt. But, he brushed off the dirt and popped it back into the plastic, back on his way to the office. 

As for me, I could not purchase the nasi lemak as the supplier had not brought it there. 

That is life as we know it. But whatever it is, never loose faith. God answers all prayers.

Although I am always wanting for more, my life generally has been paved and taken care by god. I can get some of the things I want but not all, without much ado. Hence, I should be utterly grateful. But was I? No, I was not.

Let me explain. 

Sometime towards the end of January 2024, I purchased a Pelikan M600 Art Collection Glaucoma Cambon. I have been ogling and drooling over this pen since it was shared over the internet a few months back. Hence, when Mr. Lai from PenGallery managed to obtain 1 piece for me, I was somewhere over the rainbow. Filled with joy and felt blessed. I ignored the steep price as for that price I could have got a Pelikan M1000. Bigger barrel and much, much larger nib size.

Anyhow this was my first Pelikan. So it was even more that GREAT!

When I received it, my heart was pounding with excitement to see how it actually looked like, in the flesh. From the pictures I had previously seen on the internet it was stunning. The design and colours of the pen barrel just sparkled and popped. It was breathtaking. The only thing in my opinion that top its beauty was an Arco Celluloid.

So did my excitement last? Did the pen live up to the hype?

No. I was rather disappointed. I felt although the quality and craftsmanship was there but my particular pen barrel did not have enough red and blue and thus, in my opinion lacked the glitter and sparkle. So I question my purchase but I rubbed it off as the piece was hard to get and it was my first Pelikan.

The box, poster insert and pamphlet on the other hand were spectacular.

Writing wise it did not disappoint. It wrote flawlessly. 

But I just could not get over the fact of its lack lustre barrel. Hence, I did not use it as much.

Every time I looked at it, I thought Ahhhhh! Crap! Not joking at all. That was what I thought.

This is what I was talking about being ungrateful.

So as life would have it. It went missing sometime in March 2024. I searched everywhere. All over the place, like a headless chicken. But to no avail. 

Things pretty much was the same. Search and search but nothing. Zilch. Nada. Zip. Whatever soothes your fancy. It was no where to be seen. 

I asked my wife and kids, just in case you find it let me know. I will reward. But as one could expect, nothing turned up. 

To preserve my life only my kids knew the cost of the pen. Not my wife.

Heartbroken to say the least. It was akin to throwing money into the rubbish bin. Money just gone like that.

It affected me in more ways that I would like to admit. But the gist was, I felt wow! All at once! Why?! I know I'm not the most humblest, honest, thoughtful and holiest person but I am relatively good, sincere and honest. So this had to happen to me? We had already previously lost a Porsche 944 to fire, W202 Mercedes in the flood, Zippo Def Leppard lighter, Pilot mechanical pencil, gold locket with pink gem stone and gold pendant, damaged an M1 iPad Pro 2021 (ongoing repairs now - the replacement screen alone is RM2K) and etc. 

I think you get what I mean. 

Felt pissed and lost a little. Even stopped looking at pens, knives, antiques and even one of my favourite YouTube channel Figbooth on pens. I just didn't have the heart. Heck, I even forgo my intentions of getting a turntable to play LP's. By the way, I only have 1 LP. The soundtrack for Miami Vice. 

To say the least, things were not looking good of me.  

Anyhow, fast forward to today at roughly, 6.30am, my kids had left to school by bus and I was busy looking for my daughter's school locker key. She said she misplaced it and I offered to look for it. I saw her brown fluffy pencil box underneath her study desk and looked inside to see if her key is there. 

The key was not there but what did I find? The said missing Pelikan.

A sudden relief came over me and first thing I did was thank God. God is great. Thank You God.

Now that the mystery had been solved. I had a word with her when she got back from school. Her answer was I want to take to school then I forgot it was in my pencil box. Mind you she is only in standard 6, making her 12 years old.   

The moral of the story although the pen may not be my cup of tea but be grateful of what you have. Everything is a blessing. You will miss it once it is gone.






No comments:

Post a Comment